Ivy Academia is a unique TK-12 tuition-free public charter school focused on rigorous, standard-based academics and recognizing the interconnectedness of our multicultural world. We also prepare our students to succeed in the rapidly evolving 21st century.
Skills such as problem solving, innovation and creativity, and global literacy have become critical in today’s increasingly fast-paced workforce and society. Ivy Academia students learn in a robust academic setting that incorporates next generation entrepreneurial skills for success in college, career, and beyond. Here are 10 reasons why your student should attend Ivy Academia:
1. Ivy Academia provides a world class standards-based education. Our goal is to provide each student with a challenging and rigorous curriculum that is rich in academic depth, complexity and choice. We are very fortunate to be able to expand instructional time for students who need extra help while we simultaneously offer enrichment classes to satisfy every student’s needs.
2. Cultural representation has always been something we focus on at Ivy Academia. Our teachers and administrative team work hard to make sure that all classes are composed of students of varying abilities, backgrounds and interests. Our brand new curriculum for all grades -- TK-12 -- incorporates and builds on what LAUSD utilizes as well as brings to the forefront multi-cultural stories and voices.
3. Our teaching staff shines professionally and brings pride to our organization. Our teachers are highly-qualified and well-trained. They regularly -- and seemingly easily -- individualize educational programs for any Ivy student. Our teachers focus on our three foundations -- standards-based academics, career readiness, and interpersonal skills.
4. Teachers at Ivy work together in grade-level teams to meet student needs. They collaborate and share best practices to ensure that all of our students are receiving grade level standards-based instruction daily. All Ivy classes are taught in English and all Ivy Academia students are held to and supported to achieve the same high standards of excellence.
5. We are a top notch academic institution. We build on this with our 21st century learning and entrepreneurial education through a program called Ivy Community. This eight week e-university for grades K-5 exposes our youngest students to many of the skills associated with becoming an entrepreneur, a creative business decision-maker.
Through the Ivy Community Entrepreneurial Program, students learn to be confident and responsible. They have jobs, pay bills, and learn about business etiquette skills like greetings and using the telephone in a business manner, the importance of eye contact or how to make introductions.
Ivy University for students in grades 6-12 provides students an opportunity to learn about resume writing and interview skills, business law, public speaking, leadership, management and customer service.
After completion of these universities, students create and operate new business ventures, and have the opportunity to compete in an entrepreneurial convention by presenting their businesses to public officials, community members, parents and friends. At the convention, students demonstrate their knowledge and top entrepreneurial grants are awarded. It’s exciting and truly eye-opening for all of our high school students as they prepare for their adult life ahead.
6. Our Ivy Academia program is robust. Some highlights include:
- GATE Program (Gifted and High Ability) in Grades 2-8
- Honors and Advanced Placement (AP) courses in Grades 9-12
- High School Courses approved by University of California and California State University
- Credit Recovery courses in Grades 9-12
- Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE)
7. Our dedicated and compassionate counseling staff is ready to work with students and parents to prioritize and support emotional and mental health and improve academic success. With all of the uncertainty around COVID 19, our counseling team has worked hard to strengthen mental health awareness.
During the spring COVID 19 disruption, our counseling team called every single Ivy Academia family to see how kids and families were doing. Our counselors provided resources for housing, job loss, meals, and really anything our Ivy families needed at that time. Our counselors met online 1:1 with students regularly and created small groups in order to keep communication and support front and center.
We even created our own Counselling Instagram account for our important support and messaging to help all of our students and families.
8. Our Ivy Academia community is close-knit and welcoming. Our families, staff and students are a small and stable family who work together to support our school and our students. Our students are never lost in the shuffle and we can adapt fast to meet every student’s needs.
9. Our College and Career Readiness and guidance department helps students plan for a positive and productive high school and post-high school career. And with a 100% graduation rate, they’re busy!
10. We are committed to giving back to our community. Here are a few examples of how we have contributed to the lives of others:
- Donated ten pallets of food to West Valley Food Pantry
- Raised $1500 for Children's Hospital of Los Angeles and donated candy to the students in a program called Reverse Trick or Treat
- Raised $2000 for the Pennies for Leukemia and Lymphoma Association
- Raised $3000 for the Diabetes Association
- Raised money for Ronald McDonald Foundation
- Working closely with FedEx, Ivy shipped over 50 boxes filled with Teddy Bears and letters of support to families and children impacted by hurricanes.
It is the mission of Ivy Academia, a TK-12 tuition-free public charter school, to help each child reach his/her fullest potential. We cultivate an active village of students, parents, and community members to provide an individual, personal, and conceptual learning environment that enables each student to succeed in life. Create and innovate with Ivy Academia! Enroll now!