Field Trip Approval Process
1. Coordinate with grade level/department to determine appropriate and feasible field trips.
2. Complete the Field Trip Request Form and turn into principal.
3. Once approved, complete the Field Trip Permission Slips (in both English and Spanish) and distribute to applicable students. Turn in a blank copy of both permission slips to the main office to be attached to your request form.
***No students shall be denied participation due to financial, behavioral or academic reasons.
4. Coordinate with the Office Manager to arrange transportation and payment.
1. Complete the following paperwork and submit to the main office.
2. The office will coordinate obtaining necessary signatures.
Once all of the signatures have been obtained, the final approval will be e-mailed to the organizer. Do not advertise or publicize the event/fundraiser until final approval has been given.
How to request a time off (UTLA Teachers):
A regular, full-time teacher will be allotted ten (10) days at the beginning of the school year and may utilize six (6) paid sick days to cover periods of illness or other specific purposes and four (4) personal days.***More clarification available on pg. 39 of Personnel Handbook.
1. Submit Time-off request in PayBridge " href="https://ivy.payrollservers.us/pg/Ess/Default.aspx?f=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener">https://ivy.payrollservers.us/pg/Ess/Default.aspx?f=1 Teachers can only use SICK, SCHOOLBUSINESS (with prior approval), JURY (with proper documentation), or BEREAVEMENT (with supervisor approval). Teachers must take either a full day (7.5 hours for middle/high school or 6.5 hours for elementary) or half-day (3.75 hours for middle/high school or 3.25 hours for elementary). ***This is a request and may be denied by your supervisor.
2. Make arrangements with the office manager for substitute coverage or request sub through Swing (https://subs.swingeducation.com/#/). Prepare lesson plans and necessary materials for students and let office manager know where to locate this material. If an emergent situation arises (need a substitute after 4 pm or before 7:30 am), contact principal and make arrangements for classroom coverage with him/her. Let the principal know where your emergency sub plans are located or email lesson plans by 7:30 am.
How to request a time off (Classified and Other Certificated):
***More clarification available on pg. 37-48 of Personnel Handbook.
1. Submit Time-off request in PayBridge (https://ivy.payrollservers.us/pg/Ess/Default.aspx?f=1). Indicate SICK, VACATION, SCHOOLBUSINESS (with prior approval), JURY (with proper documentation), or BEREAVEMENT (with supervisor approval). ***This is a request and may be denied by your supervisor.
2. Communicate with your direct supervisor with date and time frame of your absence to ensure proper coverage.
Below are the current handbooks, manuals and forms: